If you’re looking for a healthy and easy breakfast or brunch option, you have to try this vegan ramen omelette. Not only is it fast and simple to make, but it’s also packed with flavor and the texture is to-die-for!
This might be my favorite plant-based breakfast recipe I’ve ever made! It can be easy to get stuck in an oatmeal/avocado toast/smoothie rut when following a plant-based diet. This fabulous vegan ramen omelette recipe is the perfect addition to your weekly meal plan.
What makes it so great? A few things!
The star of the show here is crispy jackfruit confit by Nature’s Charm! In the seven years since I first went cut out meat, this jackfruit confit is, without a doubt, the best vegan meat substitute I’ve ever tried! I love the flavor and the texture. It’s lends itself to so many different types of dishes and doesn’t taste like it’s trying to be anything else! Even my non-vegan husband is obsessed with jackfruit confit.
The other elements that make this Korean-inspired vegan ramen omelette recipe so delicious are the flavors, texture, and cooking method! By adding a thick layer of crispy ramen to the omelette, flavoring the dish with soy sauce and sesame oil, and finishing it in the oven, the vegan omelette is elevated to a level that tastes just like real eggs. I shared it with several non-vegan family members who couldn’t tell it was vegan!
This dish is is perfect to make ahead meal prep, for a special brunch or baby shower, or to whip up quickly for a fast breakfast. Be sure to tag me on Instagram when you try the recipe! Pin the photo below to save it for later.
- 3 ounces dried ramen
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 4 green onions
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 can Nature's Charm jackfruit confit
- 12 oz liquid Just Egg (1 bottle)
- 2 cups baby spinach (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Cook the ramen according to package instructions, usually about 3 minutes. Drain well and return to the saucepan. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil and toss to coat.
- Thinly slice 4 medium scallions, keeping the whites and greens separate. Add the Just Egg to a bowl with the soy sauce and pepper. Whisk until well-blended. Add the spinach to a large bowl.
- Heat an oven-safe medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the jackfruit confit (with 1-2 tbsp of the oil), breaking it apart with a utensil. Cook until golden-brown on most edges and starting to crisp, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add the scallion whites and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the jackfruit mixture to the bowl of spinach. Toss to combine.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp sesame oil to the skillet and increase the heat to medium high. Add the cooked ramen and spread into an even layer. Cook undisturbed for about a minute. Arrange the spinach jackfruit mixture over the noodles.
- Pour the Just Egg mixture over the noodles and tilt the skillet to distribute it evenly. Cover, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the mixture on top is bubbly and mostly cooked about 3 minutes. Uncover and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the middle of the omelette is set. Let cool for 3-5 minutes then slice and serve!
If you loved this vegan ramen omelette, be sure to check out more amazing plant-based brunch recipes like my Vegan Sausage Biscuits or my Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes!