Hi friends! Meet your new favorite vegan holiday treat- Vegan Peppermint Fudge Rice Krispie Treats!
If you love to keep a box or two of frozen thin mint girl scout cookies in your freezer, these Vegan Peppermint Fudge Rice Krispie Treats are a MUST-TRY. They are crunchy, chewy, refreshingly minty, and oh so chocolatey.
These Vegan Peppermint Fudge Rice Krispie Treats are made with a secret ingredient to make them extra chewy and delicious- vegan sweetened condensed oat milk! The result is a much softer rice krispie treat than those made with just marshmallows and butter.
The peppermint fudge topping also has a secret weapon adding to the decadence and chewiness– evaporated oat milk! Adding a few splashes makes the chocolate set so nicely. It’s not to hard, not too soft, and just perfect to sink your teeth into.
- Chocolate rice cereal
- Vegan mini marshmallows
- Sweetened condensed oat milk
- Vegan butter
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Evaporated oat milk
- Peppermint extract
- Candy canes
The condensed oat milk and evaporated oat milk are the latest creations by my friends at Nature’s Charm! You can find their products in the bakery aisle of most health food stores, or online. Their condensed coconut milk and evaporated coconut milk work perfectly in this recipe if the oat products are not in stock!
Be sure to tag me on Instagram when you try the recipe! For more fabulous vegan Christmas recipes, try my Vegan Santa Hat Cheesecakes and my Vegan Sweet Potato Bars. To save these Vegan Peppermint Fudge Rice Krispie Treats for later, pin the photo below!
- 5½ cups chocolate rice cereal
- 10 oz vegan mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- ½ can sweetened condensed oat milk
- Peppermint Fudge Layer
- 2 cups vegan chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup evaporated oat milk
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ⅔ cup crushed candy canes
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and lightly butter the sides. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the marshmallows then stir in the condensed oat milk. Keep stirring gently until the marshmallows are melted in evenly mixed in.
- Add the cereal to a large bowl. Stir in the marshmallow mixture into the cereal until evenly combined. Press the cereal into the baking dish. Chill in the freezer while you make the fudge layer.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small saucepan on low heat. Add the evaporated milk and peppermint extract. Stir well. Pour the chocolate over the rice crisps in an even layer. Cover with crushed candy canes. Freeze until the chocolate firms then cut into slices.
QUESTION OR COMMENT? LET'S TALK!