Spring is right around the corner and there’s no better recipe to celebrate than this Vegan Pear Custard Tart! It’s light, fruity, and so easy to make.
This Vegan Pear Custard Tart uses a pre-made pie shell and Nature’s Charm coconut custard and oat whipping cream for ease and deliciousness! The custard is lightly flavored with almond extract which perfectly compliments the pears.
I used a pre-baked store bought crust made of walnuts but a graham crust would be just as lovely. Topped with whipped oat cream and a dollop of jam, this tart is the perfect dessert or treat for any time of the day!
- 2 medium pears, peeled and thin-medium sliced
- store-bought pie crust (pre-baked)
- 1 cans Nature’s Charm Coconut Custard
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp maple syrup or agave, divided
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 can Nature’s Charm Oat Whipping Cream, chilled overnight
- For Serving
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Gently place the pie crust in a pie pan. Slice the pears into medium thin pieces. Arrange them in the pie crust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut custard, 3 tbsp syrup, tapioca flour, almond extract, 2 tsp vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well. Heat in saucepan over medium, stirring as the the mixture heats up. Keep stirring constantly for 2 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- With a rubber spatula, transfer the custard mixture over the pears. Smooth the custard into an even layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Let cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge to set for 3 hours. In a large bowl, whip the chilled oat cream, 1 tbsp syrup, and 1 tsp vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Spread or pipe the whipped oat cream over the custard tart. Slice and serve with a dollop of jam.