How to make the easiest vegan red velvet cheesecake ever! (It’s easier than you think!)
No-bake vegan red velvet cheesecake is my favorite summertime dessert! It’s easy to make, can be filled with whole food ingredients, and it is such a refreshing treat. Here’s how to make it!
Step 1: The Crust
Process walnuts, dates, and cocoa powder in a food processor. Easy peasy!
Step 2: The Filling
A creamy, red velvety blend of soaked cashews, vegan cream cheese, cocoa powder, lemon juice, Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed milk, and natural red food dye.
Step 3: The Topping
Fluffy mounds of Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream blended with sweet vegan cream cheese. It’s heavenly (and a breeze to make!)
This recipe is super customizable too! For other flavor variations, swap the lemon juice, cocoa powder, and red food dye for the following:
Strawberries N Cream Cheesecake- Blend 2 cups frozen strawberries into the filling. Stir in 1 cup chopped freeze dried strawberries before freezing. Mix 1/4 melted dairy-free chocolate chips (cooled slightly) into the whipped cream cheese mixture. Cool before piping if needed.
Cookies N Cream Cheesecake- Add 1 tbsp vanilla to the cashew mixture. Stir in 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. Sprinkle more crushed oreos over the whipped cream cheese mixture.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake- Add 1/4 cup peanut butter to the cashew mixture when blending. Mix 1/4 melted dairy-free chocolate chips (cooled slightly) into the whipped cream cheese mixture. Cool before piping if needed.
To save this Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe for later, pin the photo below!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1½ cups soaked cashews
- ⅓ can Nature's Charm coconut whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp natural red food dye
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ can coconut whipping cream (chilled)
- 16 oz vegan cream cheese
- Process the walnuts, dates, and cocoa powder in a food processor for 2 minutes. Line a 6" spring form pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil. Press the walnut/date mixture into an even layer at the bottom of the pan to form the crust.
- Add the cashews, sweetened condensed coconut milk, cocoa powder, lemon juice, food dye, cream cheese, and ⅓ can coconut whipping cream to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours. Chill the remaining coconut whipping cream.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the coconut whipping cream and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar and whip until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and cover the top with dollops of the cream cheese whipped cream. Place the cake bake in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to firm.
- If you don't have a piping bag, you can pour it over the top of the cake and freeze it again for 2-3 hours. All the cake to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before serving.