How to make the easiest vegan red velvet cheesecake ever! (It’s easier than you think!)
No-bake vegan red velvet cheesecake is my favorite summertime dessert! It’s easy to make, can be filled with whole food ingredients, and it is such a refreshing treat. Here’s how to make it!
Step 1: The Crust
Process walnuts, dates, and cocoa powder in a food processor. Easy peasy!
Step 2: The Filling
A creamy, red velvety blend of soaked cashews, vegan cream cheese, cocoa powder, lemon juice, Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed milk, and natural red food dye.
Step 3: The Topping
Fluffy mounds of Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream blended with sweet vegan cream cheese. It’s heavenly (and a breeze to make!)
This recipe is super customizable too! For other flavor variations, swap the lemon juice, cocoa powder, and red food dye for the following:
Strawberries N Cream Cheesecake- Blend 2 cups frozen strawberries into the filling. Stir in 1 cup chopped freeze dried strawberries before freezing. Mix 1/4 melted dairy-free chocolate chips (cooled slightly) into the whipped cream cheese mixture. Cool before piping if needed.
Cookies N Cream Cheesecake- Add 1 tbsp vanilla to the cashew mixture. Stir in 2 cups crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. Sprinkle more crushed oreos over the whipped cream cheese mixture.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake- Add 1/4 cup peanut butter to the cashew mixture when blending. Mix 1/4 melted dairy-free chocolate chips (cooled slightly) into the whipped cream cheese mixture. Cool before piping if needed.
For more delicious vegan desserts, check out my Vegan Smurf Ice Cream or my Vegan Chocolate Lava Cakes!
To save this Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe for later, pin the photo below!
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1½ cups soaked cashews
- ⅓ can Nature's Charm coconut whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tbsp natural red food dye
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ can coconut whipping cream (chilled)
- 16 oz vegan cream cheese
- Process the walnuts, dates, and cocoa powder in a food processor for 2 minutes. Line a 6" spring form pan with parchment paper. Spray with cooking oil. Press the walnut/date mixture into an even layer at the bottom of the pan to form the crust.
- Add the cashews, sweetened condensed coconut milk, cocoa powder, lemon juice, food dye, cream cheese, and ⅓ can coconut whipping cream to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Cover and freeze for 6 hours. Chill the remaining coconut whipping cream.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the coconut whipping cream and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar and whip until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and cover the top with dollops of the cream cheese whipped cream. Place the cake bake in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to firm.
- If you don't have a piping bag, you can pour it over the top of the cake and freeze it again for 2-3 hours. All the cake to thaw at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before serving.
QUESTION OR COMMENT? LET'S TALK!