Vegan Strawberry Custard Pie | Quick & Easy Summer Dessert Recipe
If you are looking for a fast, simple dessert that perfectly embodies the taste of Summer, look no further! May I present this luscious new recipe- Vegan Strawberry Custard Pie.
The custard is incredible. The texture is perfect, it’s sweet but not too sweet, and works perfectly to whip up magical vegan treats that taste like you spent hours in the kitchen!
With the addition of a simple slurry made of corn starch and maple syrup, the custard sets up nicely in the oven. I used a whole wheat vegan crust from Whole Foods for this strawberry custard pie. It was so easy, clocking in at just 10 ingredients and less than 15 minutes of active time in the kitchen.
To save the strawberry custard pie recipe for later, pin the photo below! Don’t forget to tag me #carrotsandflowers on Instagram if you feel inspired to share a pic of your delightful vegan strawberry custard pie!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Toss the strawberries with lemon juice and sugar. Thoroughly mix the corn starch into the syrup. Add the slurry to the custard, along with the vanilla. Mix well. Add the strawberries to the custard and mix until combined.
- Pour the custard into the pie crust. Bake for 50-60 minutes until the pie is set.
- Combine the jelly and 2 tbsp warm water. Mix well. Pour over the pie once it's done baking, then chill in the fridge to set for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the coconut whipped cream. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Slice and serve the pie once set. Serve with a large dollop of coconut whipped cream on top.