Are you looking for a tasty and impressive vegan breakfast or brunch recipe that will impress your family and friends? Look no further than this Vegan Baked Apple Pie French Toast!
This delicious twist on classic French toast combines the flavors of apple pie and French toast into one indulgent and satisfying dish. And the best part is that it can be made the night before and baked in the morning, making it an easy and convenient option for holiday gatherings or busy weekends.
I made this incredible vegan brunch recipe using two incredible new products from my dear friends at Nature’s Charm- sweetened condensed oat milk and oat whipping cream! Be sure to look for their delicious vegan offerings in the baking aisle of your local health food store.
This Vegan Baked Apple Pie French Toast is my new favorite brunch recipe! The vegan brioche is soaked in a mixture of coconut milk, condensed oat milk, and warm spices, and then baked with caramelized apple pie filling and served with whipped oat cream.
The result is a gooey, sweet, and satisfying vegan French toast that tastes like the world’s best cinnamon bun! It’s a great way to start the day, and it’s sure to be a hit with vegans and non-vegans alike.
For more amazing vegan holiday brunch recipes, be sure to check out my Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes or my Vegan Sausage Biscuits with Chipotle Cream! Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you try this and post a pic!
To save this recipe for later, Pin the photo below!
- 1 loaf stale vegan bread (brioche, challah, or Texas toast)
- 5 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 can full-fat Coconut milk
- ⅔ cup plant milk
- 1 can Nature's Charm condensed oat milk
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- For serving
- Maple syrup
- Nature's Charm oat whipping cream, chilled overnight
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir well. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cube the bread. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut milk, sweetened condensed oat milk, ground flax, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together well.
- Grease a large baking dish with butter. Add the bread cubes to the dish. Pour the milk mixture over the bread and stir to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hours or overnight. Make sure the whipping cream is chilled overnight.
- When ready to serve, bake the dish at 350F for 30 minutes covered, and 10 minutes uncovered. Transfer the whipping cream to a bowl and whip until fluffy. Serve the Vegan Baked Apple Pie French Toast with whipped oat cream and maple syrup.