Vegan Santa Hat Cheesecakes | Plant-Based Holiday Dessert Recipe
I have the cutest holiday recipe for you! Vegan Santa Hat Cheesecakes! These adorable vegan cheesecakes are perfect for the season. They’re delicious, easy to make, kids love them, and they come with built in portion control!
These Vegan Santa Hat Cheesecakes are made with two of my favorite plant-based pantry staples- Nature’s Charm coconut whipping cream and sweetened condensed coconut milk! They make the best vegan dessert ingredients- I always keep several cans on hand for last minute recipe creation.
I made these Vegan Santa Hat Cheesecakes with a classic graham cracker crust, cashew cream and vegan cream cheese combined with agar agar flakes. Agar agar is a type of seaweed that works really well for thickening. You can find it in health food stores, Asian markets, or online. One package will last for a few years. 🙂
You’re going to love these Vegan Santa Hat Cheesecakes! They are:
Easy to make
& Taste just like real cheesecake!
- 1¼ cups vegan graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 5 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours to soften
- 2 cups plant milk (divided)
- 6 tbsp corn starch
- 1 can Nature's Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 2 tbsp agar agar flakes (optional for firmer cheesecakes)
- 1 cup Nature's Charm coconut whipping cream (room temp)
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tsp paste
- Juice and zest of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (optional but recommended)
- 1 can Nature's Charm coconut whipping cream, chilled overnight
- 12 large round strawberries
- Line a square pan with parchment paper and a generous amount vegan butter. In a large bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted vegan butter to a paste. Press into the bottom of an 8” square pan or baking dish in a ½” even layer. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Blend the cashews and corn starch with 1 cup of soy milk until very smooth. In a sauce pan, bring the remaining soy milk to a roiling boil. Add the agar agar flakes. Whisk quickly and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cashew cream, coconut whipping cream, vegan cream cheese, vanilla, lemon juice and zest, vinegar, and oil. Cook and stir briskly for 3-4 more minutes. Pour into the crust and freeze to set for 6 hours or overnight. (This makes them easier to make into Santa hats.
- Whip the chilled coconut cream for 3 minutes. Add the cream to a piping bag or plastic bag with the corner snipped off. Trim the tops from the strawberries.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan. Use a small biscuit cutter to cut out circles. Pipe a layer of whipped cream onto the cheesecakes then add a strawberries. Top with a dot of whipped cream. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Prep time does not include chill time.
For more amazing vegan holiday dessert recipes, try these!
In other news, my new book comes out tomorrow! Click here to pre-order your copy and get a bonus ebook of amazing vegan seafood recipes as a pre-order gift!