Vegan Tofu Curry Ramen | Easy Plant-Based Dinner Recipe
This delicious curry ramen is perfect for when you have a craving for take out! No need to choose between ramen or Thai food with this meal! It’s the best of both worlds.
This mild, creamy curry is made with Chef’s Choice yellow curry paste and coconut milk! What I love about this vegan tofu curry ramen is that it’s totally kid-friendly! Between the light spice of the yellow curry and the creaminess of the peanut butter, this is a fantastic way to introduce little ones to curry.
- 6 oz Ramen noodles
- 4 tsp coconut oil, divided
- 1 cup Snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 10 oz Tofu, pressed and diced into 1” cubes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 “ piece Ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp Chef’s Choice yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 (15 oz 425 g) can Chef’s Choice Coconut milk
- 2 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ lime
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- ½ Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Boil the ramen in salted water according to package instructions, then drain.
- Add 2 tsp oil, tofu, carrots, and mushrooms to the pan. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes, until tofu is lightly browned. Add the snow peas, drizzle the pan with 1 tbsp soy sauce, and cook until the snow peas are softened. Remove the tofu and veggies from heat and set aside.
- Put the pan back on heat. Add oil, shallot, garlic, ginger. Cook for 1 minute. Add the curry paste and peanut butter. Cook for another minute. Add the coconut milk, broth, maple syrup and lime juice. Simmer for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors mingle.
- Divide the broth between serving bowls. Fill with noodles, tofu and veggies. Garnish with cilantro, jalepeños, and lime.
In other news, my new cookbook Vegan YUM: The Secrets To Mastering Plant-Based Cooking is out now! Order a copy or 3 from your favorite book store today!