Vegan Peppermint Matcha Chocolate Pie. No-bake, gluten-free, & made with superfoods!
Happy Holidays, friends! I hope yours were special. I celebrated with this amazingly festive Vegan Peppermint Matcha Chocolate Pie! This epic dessert is no-bake, gluten-free, and made with superfoods. It’s the perfect treat for the week between Christmas and New Years.
The minty chocolate flavors are flavorful and festive, without feeling overly indulgent. The no-bake chocolate cookie crust is made with hemp seeds, oats, and maple syrup. The creamy cheesecake style filling is made with one of my absolute favorite products- Nature’s Charm coconut matcha sauce!
The coconut matcha sauce is made with high quality matcha and some of the creamiest, most delicious coconut milk in the world. Along with the sauce to flavor and sweeten, I added a touch of peppermint extract to flavor the filling. Frozen spinach adds to the color and nutritional benefits of this dessert! I promise, you can’t even taste it.
After a quick freeze, the peppermint matcha chocolate pie is topped with Nature’s Charm coconut fudge sauce for even more chocolatey goodness. I love the combination of chocolate and mint, and the matcha takes it over the top! I can’t be mad at a hemp cookie crust either.
Overall this dessert is a fantastic way to indulge, while prepping for a healthy New Year. If you’re in the US and can’t find the matcha sauce, you can swap it out for matcha powder and Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk.
You’re going to love this Vegan Peppermint Matcha Chocolate Pie! It’s:
Easy to Make
Made with Superfoods, like hemp, spinach, and matcha!
To save this recipe for later, pin the photo below! When you try it, let me know how it turned out in the comments! Don’t forget to to tag #carrotsandflowers and #naturescharm if you post a photo of this awesome pie on Instagram!
Find Nature’s Charm sauces online on Amazon in the US, and in select Whole Foods and health food stores.
- Hemp Cookie Crust
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- pinch salt
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- Peppermint Matcha Filling
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 14oz (400g) jar Nature's Charm coconut matcha sauce
- ½ cup frozen spinach
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup Nature's Charm coconut fudge sauce
- Add the hemp seeds, oats, chocolate chips, and salt to a food processor. Process to a fine consistency. Stream in the maple syrup and process until a dough forms. You may need 1-2 more tbsp maple syrup.
- Line an 8" springform pan with parchment paper. Press the dough into a crust on the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Add the cashews, spinach, matcha sauce, coconut oil, and peppermint to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Use the tamper continuously to blend evenly. Stop the scrape down the sides as needed.
- Pour the peppermint matcha filling into the crust. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread the fudge sauce in a thin even layer across the top of the pie. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight then slice and serve.