Welcome to my new series, Vegan Pantry Meals! Today’s feature is a 20-minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want to whip up something nutritious and tasty using mostly pantry ingredients. This Panang Curry with Pan-Fried Gnocchi and Vegan Sausage recipe is a delightful fusion of flavors. This meal will quickly become a family favorite, proving that weeknight meals can be both easy and satisfying.
There’s something magical about the combination of flavors in Panang curry. This Thai-inspired dish has a hint of spice, a touch of sweetness, and a rich, creamy texture that will leave you craving more. When paired with the pillowy softness of pan-fried gnocchi and the meatiness of vegan sausage, it creates a harmonious and irresistible meal.
What sets this recipe apart is its use of Chef’s Choice Panang curry and coconut milk. These high-quality products enhance the dish with an authentic taste and creamy consistency, making it a standout option for your weeknight dinner rotation. Plus, with just a handful of pantry ingredients and a smattering of leftover produce, you can create a restaurant-worthy dish in the comfort of your own home.
If you’re new to vegan cooking, this recipe is an excellent starting point. It demonstrates how easy it is to create flavorful plant-based meals in a short amount of time. Moreover, it’s a fantastic option for those who want to experiment with different cuisines while sticking to a vegan diet.
This Panang Curry with Pan-Fried Gnocchi and Vegan Sausage recipe is the ultimate easy vegan dinner for those nights when you need something quick and delicious. With a 20-minute cooking time and minimal ingredients required, this meal is perfect for busy families, professionals, and anyone looking to enjoy a tasty, plant-based dinner. Give it a try, and don’t forget to share your experience in the comments below!
- 4 vegan Italian sausages
- 2 packages gnocchi
- 3 tbsp grapeseed, avocado, or coconut oil
- 2-4 Tbsp Chef’s Choice Panang curry paste
- 1 can Chef’s Choice coconut milk
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ bell pepper, sliced
- ½ thinly sliced onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil or mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a medium pan on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan. Saute the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the curry paste, soy, sugar, lime juice, and broth. Stir well. Add the coconut milk and stir. Add the peppers and onion. Reduce heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender and the curry is thickened.
- While the curry simmers, slice the sausage into ½" rounds. Use 1 tbsp of oil and pan fry until golden brown. Set aside. Boil the gnocchi according to package instructions. Drain, then use 1 tbsp oil to pan fry until golden. Set aside.
- Divide the gnocchi into serving bowls. Ladle the panang curry and peppers over the gnocchi. Top with sausage and fresh herbs. Serve immediately.