Discover a new favorite in your vegan cooking adventures with these delightful Jackfruit Eggrolls. This vegan air fryer recipe offers a delicious, fast, and easy way to enjoy a plant-based meal, featuring the versatile jackfruit confit as the star ingredient.
Jackfruit, often hailed as the ‘miracle fruit’ for its rich, meaty texture and versatility, shines in this simple, yet flavorful recipe. When prepared using Nature’s Charm jackfruit confit, it elevates the taste of the recipe, providing a heartiness typically associated with traditional meat-based eggrolls.
This vegan air fryer recipe marries a mix of vegetables with the jackfruit confit, each ingredient bringing a unique flavor and texture to the dish. The chopped mushrooms, celery, carrot, gold potato, and cabbage, when combined with aromatic garlic, leek, and scallion, create a filling that is both nutritious and delicious.
The beauty of this recipe lies not just in its taste but also in its simplicity. The process involves pan-frying the jackfruit confit, sautéing the vegetables, and combining all the ingredients in a food processor for a quick pulse. What you get is a perfectly textured filling for your eggrolls.
Next, the fun part – wrapping the eggrolls. A spoonful of the filling is placed onto an eggroll wrapper, which is then folded, sealed, and brushed with oil, ready to be air-fried to a golden, crispy perfection. The result? A batch of delectable vegan jackfruit eggrolls that are crunchy on the outside, and bursting with flavor on the inside.
Look for the jackfruit confit in a well stocked health food store or swap it with your favorite vegan protein. With these Vegan Jackfruit Eggrolls, you’re not just getting a meal, you’re embarking on a delicious culinary adventure. Rolling eggrolls is very zen, enjoy! Be sure to let me know how it turned out in the comments and don’t forget to tag #carrotsandflowers and #naturescharm on Instagram if you post a pic!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 1 scallion
- ½ cup mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 rib celery, roughly chopped
- 1 gold potato, peeled roughly chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped cabbage
- 1 (16-ounce) package vegan egg roll wrappers
- sweet and sour sauce, for serving
- Pan-fry the jackfruit confit. Transfer to a bowl. Drain most of the oil. Add the sesame oil
- Add the garlic, leek, scallion, mushrooms, and cabbage. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Deglaze with soy, cook until tender. Remove from pan into the jackfruit bowl
- Add olive oil. Add the carrots, celery, and potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Cook until carrots and potatoes are soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to jackfruit bowl.
- Add the cabbage. Season with 1 tbsp soy, salt and pepper. Saute for 2 minutes then transfer to jackfruit bowl. In a food processor, pulse the jackfruit veggie mixture 7-10x until finely chopped (not a paste.)
- Place back into the bowl. Cover and chill for 15 minutes.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface so that it is positioned as a diamond with a point facing you. Using your fingers, wet the edges with a little aquafaba. Spoon 2 healthy spoonfuls of filling onto the wrapper. Lift the bottom corner up and over the filling and press down to seal. Then, bring both the left and right corners into the center and while holding them in place, roll upward until the top is sealed, just like an envelope. Repeat to make more rolls until the filling is used up.
- Brush with olive oil and air fry in a basket for 8 minutes at 350 F. Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce.