Ask and you shall receive!
Let it be known we always try to give the people what they want. Today that is Roasted Asparagus with Creamy Vegan Hollandaise!
Pasha and I did an impromptu survey on Facebook the other day asking what side dish to make for our Christmas roundup. It was a choice between asparagus with vegan hollandaise or roasted green beans with garlic sauce.
You all must LOVE vegan hollandaise because that was the winner by far!
The sauce can be made ahead in less than five minutes. It’s the perfect compliment to lemony roasted asparagus
This vegan hollandaise is creamy, flavorful, and SO delicious.
This roasted asparagus with creamy vegan hollandaise is such a great dish for the holidays! It’s:
Under 10 ingredients
Easy to make
Takes just 20 minutes!
If you try this lemony roasted asparagus with vegan hollandaise, be sure to let us know how yours turns out in the comments! Don’t forget to show off your skills on Instagram with a pic of your badass vegan food! Tag #carrotsandflowers so we can admire along with you.
To save this recipe for later, pin the photo below! Follow us on Pinterest for more amazing vegan recipe ideas!
For more festive holiday sides, check out our Vegan Sausage and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash or our Roasted Sunchoke Soup!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tsp olive or grapeseed oil
- squeeze of lemon
- sea salt and pepper
- Creamy Vegan Hollandaise
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight or boiled for 15 minutes to soften
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- heaping ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼-1/2 cup water or more
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F/205C. Wash and trim the asparagus spears.
- Place them in a single even layer across two baking sheets. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive or grapeseed oil over each baking sheet.
- Add a squeeze of lemon, a sprinkle of sea salt, and cracked black pepper then toss with your hands to coat. Roast the asparagus for 15-20 minutes at 400F/205C.
- In a high powered blender or food processor, combine all ingredients except for the water. Blend until creamy and smooth, adding water as needed until you reach your desired consistency. The vegan butter is completely optional, but adds a nice mouthfeel in the style of traditional hollandaise.