If you’re looking for delicious easy plant-based dinners and meal prep recipes, you must try this curry lentil cauliflower bowl! It whips up in about 35 minutes and uses mostly pantry ingredients + a few fresh produce items.
I used my favorite coconut milk and curry paste by Chef’s Choice! The curry flavor is top notch and they have the creamiest coconut milk ever! It makes the lentils so tender and tasty. Look for Chef’s Choice in the Asian section of your grocery store.
My family has been eating these curry lentil cauliflower bowls for dinner every week! Be sure to tag me on Instagram when you try them. Pin the photo below to save this recipe for later!
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into ½” florets
- ½ onion, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tsp minced ginger
- ¼ onion, minced
- 1½ cup canned or steamed lentils
- 2 tbsp Chef's Choice curry paste
- 1 can Chef's Choice coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 cups cooked rice
- ¼ cup cilantro, stems removed
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Trim the cauliflower. In an extra large bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, curry paste, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the cauliflower and onions in the curry paste. Spread across two baking sheets and roast for 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt the oil. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds then add the curry paste and onion. Mash it together and let it cook for another 30-60 seconds. Add the coconut milk, lime juice, and maple syrup. Cover and cook over medium to medium low heat for 20 minutes, until lentils are soft and creamy.
- Heat the rice and divide between serving bowls. Top each bowl with lentils and roasted cauliflower. Garnish with cilantro. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice.