Some people call California “the land of fruit and nuts” as if it’s supposed to be an insult. I can tell you right now if there is a land of fruit and nuts, that’s where I want to be!
This delicious raw vegan strawberry cheesecake is made almost entirely of fruit and nuts, plus a half cup of oats and some spices. It’s so simple and so delicious.
Seriously, this raw vegan strawberry cheesecake takes only fifteen minutes to make. What are you waiting for? 🙂
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups strawberries, plus more for decoration
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup dates, divided
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- If your dates are the large soft medijool kind, you are good to go. If they are the smaller kind that is dry and hard, soak them in warm (not boiling) water for 15 minutes before you begin.
- In a food processor or vitamix, combine the pecans, oats, salt, cinnamon, and half a cup of dates. Blend until the mixture is soft but grainy. Press the mixture into the bottom of a large pie or tart pan.
- Again in a processor or vitamix, add the strawberries, cashews, dates, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and creamy. Layer the strawberry mixture on top of the crust. Smooth the layer out, then decorate with strawberry and kiwi slices.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours to set the raw vegan strawberry cheesecake.
I know it’s hard to wait three hours to eat this raw vegan strawberry cheesecake. But I promise it’s worth it!
Make it before dinner so it can chill and set while you eat. Then pop that baby out of the freezer and devour it all with no guilt! It’s raw AND vegan with no refined sugar. I call that a win.
Did you make this recipe? We wanna see! Post a photo on Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers 🙂 Be sure to follow us there too @carrotsandflowers so you’ll be the first to see when we have new recipes up!
For other simple, healthy dessert options, check out our raw vegan strawberry ice cream or our California Dreamin’ vegan granola cookies, aka the world’s most delicious cookies (even better than chocolate chip)!