Happy Monday, friends!
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate the new week than by making this epic Vegan Butterscotch Bourbon Bread Pudding. In my book, boozy desserts are always a win. Especially with this gooey, melt-in-your-mouth butterscotch bourbon sauce!
I partnered with my friends at Nature’s Charm to bring you this recipe! (and a few others I’m excited to share)
If you’ve followed me for awhile, you may have noticed I don’t make that many desserts. The simple fact is that I have very little self-control when it comes to sweets.
You see, I had three full servings of this bread pudding when I was photographing it, despite the fact that it was 10am and I hadn’t had breakfast yet. #noregrets
I’m a big fan of their products, so I’m super happy to be partnering with them to bring you this amazingly gooey Vegan Butterscotch Bourbon Bread Pudding. All you need is a blender and an oven- it’s that simple!
I grew up in the South, where throwing a bit of bourbon into a dessert is always a good idea. Here, the bourbon perfectly compliments the butterscotch to create a truly perfect sauce.
It tastes fancy, but is so unbelievably simple to make. Literally, just stirring bourbon into the butterscotch sauce!
Right now, the easier a recipe is to make- the better! If you haven’t heard, I am writing my first cookbook! It will feature 75 dinner recipes that can all be made in 30 minutes!
This vegan bread pudding takes a bit longer to make, but requires only 10 minutes of actual work in the kitchen. Huzzah!
The easiest way to find the butterscotch sauce is probably Amazon, here’s a link for your convenience! 🙂
You will love this vegan butterscotch bourbon bread pudding!! It’s everything you could want from a dessert! It is:
Perfectly scented with bourbon
SO easy to make
If you try this vegan butterscotch bourbon bread pudding, be sure to rate the recipe so I know how yours turned out! I always love to see photos on Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers so don’t forget to post a pic!
To save this recipe for later, pin the photo below!
- ½ loaf day old vegan brioche or 1 baguette (about 5-6 cups cubed)
- 1 jar Nature's Charm butterscotch sauce
- 2 15 oz (425 g) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup soy or almond milk
- ¾ cup(150 g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp (60 ml + 15 ml) bourbon, divided
- 3 tbsp (24 g) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- pinch salt
- 1½ tbsp (13 g) poppy seeds
- 1 cup (125 g) pecans
- For serving:
- vegan vanilla bean ice cream
- Slice the bread into 2" (5 cm) chunks. Add ½ the jar of butterscotch sauce with the coconut milk, non-dairy milk, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla, and ¼ cup of bourbon to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the poppy seeds and pulse at a low speed to combine.
- In a 9x13 glass pan or casserole dish, pour the poppy seed mixture over the bread. Add the pecans and mix with your hands to combine. Press the bread down into the pan. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Uncover and bake at 325F (160 C) for 1¼ - 1½ hours, until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. While the bread pudding bakes, stir the remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) bourbon into the rest of the butterscotch sauce in a small saucepan. Heat until warm. Serve the bread pudding topped with ice cream and warmed butterscotch bourbon sauce.