Air Fried Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Wings | Easy Plant-Based Comfort Food
Anyone else become obsessed with homemade vegan bbq cauliflower wings? Since we can’t eat out anymore, and fried food doesn’t travel well for to-go orders, I started making my own. It’s safe to say they are hitting the spot. I made them four times this week!
I recently started using an air fryer and WOW- what a game changer! The wings come out nice and crispy, and it somehow feels so much easier than using an oven.
These vegan bbq cauliflower wings are dredged in a simple mixture of bbq sauce and melted vegan butter. Next the florets are coated in a combination of regular breadcrumbs, panko, and spices.
12 minutes in an air frier and they come out crispy, magical, and delicious! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake them at 425 F for about 20 minutes. Carefully flip them halfway through cook time.
Make sure to leave plenty of space between the vegan BBQ cauliflower wings so they crisp up well!
Creamy cashew ranch is the perfect dipping sauce for these vegan bbq cauliflower wings! You’re going to love this recipe! It’s:
Full of flavor
Perfect for dipping
& Easy to make!
If you like these tasty vegan BBQ cauliflower wings, be sure to check out my Vegan Loaded Smashed Potatoes! If you try this recipe, I’d love to know how it goes in the comments! And don’t forget to post a photo on Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers! I love seeing your recreations!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp cayenne (optional)
- ⅔ cup thick bbq sauce
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- Cashew Ranch
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 6 hours or overnight
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup minced chives
- Trim the cauliflower into 2" wing sized pieces. Rinse, pat dry, and toss with tapioca flour. Combine the bbq sauce and melted vegan butter in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, panko, garlic powder, sea salt, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Dip each floret in the bbq butter. Tap the excess away then coat with bread crumbs. Arrange in a single layer on the tray, at least 1-2" between the pieces to ensure they get crispy. You will need to cook in 2-3 batches if you only have 1 tray. Air fry for 7 minutes at 375 F. Carefully flip then air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cashews, water, lemon juice, onion powder, sea salt, white pepper, garlic powder in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a container with a lid. Stir in the chives. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve the wings with cashew ranch, carrots and celery.
Is there any substitute for tapioca flour? It’s hard-accessible in my area. Is it possible to use whole wheat flour instead? I’m vegan since few months and I’m very happy that I came across your blog. It’s very inspiring and makes me to spend more time in the kitchen! I have tried some of you recipes and they were all very delicious. I’m using mostly my veggies as I am growing them in my yard. I have a friendly site from which I usually order seeds. If ur interested here’s the link:
These are delicious!! Didn’t even need the ranch. The wings on their own are sooo good and satisfying! Thank you!