Just when I thought my seasonal love affair with pumpkin was winding down, I went and made this vegan pumpkin french toast bake. It is so creamy and delicious, my passion for pumpkin has been reignited for at least a few more weeks.
Perfectly suited for an easy, yet impressive brunch, this vegan pumpkin french toast bake is prepared the night before then baked the next morning.
Layered with vegan cream cheese and easy to make? SCORE.
This vegan pumpkin french toast bake will also make an excellent holiday dessert if made in the morning and baked after dinner. Really you can’t go wrong any time you serve something so tasty!
January is just around the corner with it’s promise of diets and detoxes. But in the meantime, let’s have just a bit more fun with indulgent holiday food, yeah?
If you try this vegan pumpkin french toast bake, be sure to rate in in the comments and tell us how yours turned out! While you’re at it, tag a photo with #carrotsandflowers on Instagram so we can admire your culinary talents. We LOVE seeing your photos!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 12 oz can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup plant-based creamer
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup pecans
- For serving
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- whipped coconut cream
- Cut each slice of bread into quarters. Arrange half of the bread pieces in a greased 9x13 inch baking pan then spoon quarter sized dollops of vegan cream cheese evenly on top. Arrange the remaining bread slices over the cream cheese, pressing down slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the creamer, condensed coconut milk, chickpea flour, pumpkin, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Pour over the bread, using a spatula to ensure it's even. Cover with foil and refrigerate for six hours or overnight.
- Remove the pan from the refrigerator and preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 40 minutes, covered. Uncover and sprinkle with pecans, then bake for an additional 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with whipped coconut cream, strawberries, powdered sugar, and warm maple syrup.
*Use GF Sourdough to make this gluten-free.
*This recipe also tastes amazing with raisin bread.
*Freezes well, reheat in the microwave or oven with maple syrup.
To save this vegan french toast bake recipe for later, simply pin the photo below!
vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast vegan pumpkin french toast
Nicole Wascoe Bauman says
What do you recommend for the plant-based creamer?