These roasted rainbow carrots are my favorite snack, period. I will cook up a pound of these and eat the entire pan with my fingers before they’ve barely cooled enough for me to pick them up. With just four ingredients, you can whip up a batch of these in no time. Also they are seriously gorgeous!! The carrot tops remind me of a mermaid’s hair. 🙂
I love how the coconut oil brings out the natural sweetness of the rainbow carrots. Add a dash of sea salt and cracked pepper across the pan and these little suckers taste even better than kettle corn. I recommend doubling the recipe cause they will go quick! Sweet, salty, and savory- these carrots are the ultimate healthy, vegan snack. I keep meaning to make these as a side dish, but I end up eating the entire pan before dinner is even ready. Luckily, the recipe is easy to make multiple times per week.
- 1 lb rainbow carrots
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim and peel the carrots, then slice them into thin diagonal wedges.
- Spread the carrots into a single layer on a pan and coat them in the coconut oil. It works best to use your hands to rub the oil evenly onto the carrots, especially if the oil isn’t melted.
- Sprinkle a dash of sea salt and cracked pepper on them and bake for 45 minutes.
- Eat them with your fingers!
Serves 2 as a side