Friends, I’m here to tell you that you truly can have it all!
Take these Vegan Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream Bars, for instance. They are packed with raw cacao and hemp seeds for tons of tasty superfood action. (You’re welcome!)
And then they are filled with rich vegan chocolate cookies ‘n cream ice cream and covered in even MORE chocolate for maximum deliciousness and satisfaction.
Now, that’s what I call a win/win!
Experimenting with different chocolate flavor combinations is so fun and so delicious. Who could forget this Chocolate Strawberry Layer Cake with Matcha Frosting, or these Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Tarts?
But for this recipe, I went back to my childhood for the classic flavor combo of CHOCOLATE COOKIES ‘N CREAM. And yes, that needed to be in all caps ‘cuz I want to shout it from the rooftops!
We’re talking rich, creamy vegan chocolate ice cream filled with cookie pieces on a chewy, hemp, no-bake brownie crust. Then we cover the whole thing in a chocolate shell and top it off with more cookie pieces!! Are you salivating yet?
The end result of these Vegan Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream bars is nothing short of a miracle. They are:
Rich, fluffy ice cream
Made with Superfoods
Easy to make!
Made in just 40 minutes + freeze time, these Vegan Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream Bars will be your new favorite treat to make!
If you try these Vegan Cookies ‘n Cream Ice Cream Bars, be sure to leave us a comment and tell us how yours turned out! While you’re at it, post a photo to Instagram tagged #carrotsandflowers so we can admire your sexy chocolate creations!
To save this recipe for later, simply Pin the photo below!
- No-Bake Brownie Crust
- ⅔ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 Medjool date
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- dash sea salt
- cooking oil spray
- Ice Cream Filling
- ⅔ cup soaked cashews
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup melted non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- Chocolate Coating
- ½ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped fine
- Add the hemp seeds, cacao, sandwich cookies, salt, and Medjool date to a food processor. Process until crumbly, then stream in the maple syrup until a sticky dough forms.
- Spray a silicon jumbo ice cube tray with cooking oil. Divide the hemp brownie dough into six even balls, then press the dough evenly down into the tray to form the crust. Wipe then moisten your fingers as needed. The dough will be very sticky.
- Rinse your food processor (or use a high-powdered blender). Add all the filling ingredients to the processor, except for the sandwich cookies. Process or blend until smooth or creamy. Add the sandwiches cookies and pulse a few times. You want evenly blend the cookies into the ice cream filling, while still leaving some larger pieces for texture. Cover the tray and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- To remove the frozen treats, submerge the bottom of the silicon tray in a shallow bowl of hot water for 10-20 seconds. Carefully flip the tray upside down and pop out the treats one at a time onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and a wire rack on top. Flip the treats so they are crust side down. You want to be ready to coat them once your chocolate melts.
- In a double boiler (or sauce pan on very low heat), melt the chocolate chips while stirring often with a whisk to prevent burning. Stir in the coconut oil. You are looking for a smooth, liquid, pourable consistency. Pour the melted chocolate over your frozen treats until they are evenly coated.
- For a neater finished product, carefully transfer the chocolate covered bars from the wire rack to a lined baking tray. Garnish with chopped cookie pieces and freeze again for 15 minutes. Ice Cream Bars are the creamiest if allowed to thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
If you don't have a silicon jumbo ice tray, you may substitute a small loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Cut the filling into bars before coating in chocolate.