There’s almost nothing better in the world than a pan full of piping hot roasted vegetables. Unless of course, you have two pans of roasted vegetables, tossed in a rich, spicy fajita drizzle!
May I present my new favorite weeknight meal- Spicy Sheet Pan Cauliflower Fajitas with Sunflower Crema!
What I love about these sheet pan cauliflower fajitas is how easy they are! The fajita drizzle whips up in 2 minutes, is poured over the veggies, then tossed in the oven and BOOM- you’re practically done with dinner!
Of course, if you want to get fancy, you can blend up a quick batch of my sunflower crema. If you pre-soak your sunflower seeds (which I always recommend) it takes less than five minutes to make.
If that’s too much effort for you, I recommend using a plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt instead! My favorites are cashew or oat based.
In today’s busy modern world, the importance of quick, nourishing plant-based meals like these sheet pan cauliflower fajitas cannot be overstated! That’s why I wrote my cookbook, 30 Minute Vegan Dinners: 75 Fast Plant-Based Meals You’re Going To Crave!
If you like fast vegan dinners that taste like they came straight out of your favorite vegan restaurant kitchen, this is the book for you! Pick up a copy wherever books are sold, including Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and select Whole Foods!
Now back to these AMAZING sheet pan cauliflower fajitas! They are:
You’re going to love the sunflower crema too. It’s such a tasty simple way to add a creamy cooling element to meals. The sunflower does lend an earthy flavor to the crema, which I love, but if you prefer a more mild flavor, swap the sunflower seeds for cashews.
If you try these delicious sheet pan cauliflower fajitas, be sure to rate it in the comments and tell me how it went! While you’re at it, post a photo to Instagram with the tags #carrotsandflowers and @carrotsandflowers so I can admire you handiwork!
Sending lots of love,
PS- To save this recipe for later, pin the photo below!
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 bell beppers
- ½ large red onion
- Fajita Drizzle
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 1 tbsp Tapatío or similar hot sauce
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Sunflower Crema
- 1½ cups soaked sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅔ cup water + more to thin.
- ¼ tsp sea salt + a dash more to taste
- 2 limes
- small handful cilantro (optional for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 450. Wash and trim the cauliflower into 1” florets. I like to save the stems to steam and freeze later for smoothies. Thinly slice and deseed the peppers. Slice the onion.
- Arrange the cauliflower, peppers and onions in a single layer across two sheet pans.
- Combine the melted vegan butter, hot sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, and salt, then mix in the water. Drizzle over the veggies then toss to coat. Place the two pans side by side on the center rack for 20 minutes. Flip the veggies half way through.
- Meanwhile, blend the sunflower seeds, lemon juice, garlic, and water to make the sauce. Add water a few tbsp at a time to thin if needed. Slice the limes, chop the cilantro, and warm the tortillas.
- Build your fajitas in a warm tortilla with a scoop of roasted vegetables, a squeeze of lime juice, a generous drizzle of sunflower crema, and cilantro. Enjoy!
*Soak the sunflower seeds for 4 hours or overnight to soften. You can also boil them for 15 minutes if you're in a hurry. Sunflower seeds have a bit of an earthy flavor, which I enjoy but you can also swap them for soaked cashews if you prefer a more mild crema flavor. You will have leftover crema! Mix it with marinara to make a quick vegan rosa sauce.
*Swap 1-2 tsp taco seasoning for the hot sauce to make this kid-friendly (less spicy!)
For more tasty meals like these sheet pan cauliflower fajitas, be sure to check out our Portobello Fajitas and our 20 Minute Vegan Quesadillas!