15-Minute Vegan Chicken Shawarma Wraps | Perfect for an easy plant-based lunch or dinner!
The only thing better than a 30 minute meal is a 15 minute meal, amirite? I came up with this quick Vegan Chicken Shawarma the other day and I honestly don’t know why it took me this long.
Vegan Chicken Shawarma is absolutely delicious- so flavorful and it couldn’t be easier to make! Just a handful of spices, lemon juice, and your favorite vegan chicken is all it takes.
I love adding a few pickled onions to the recipe, but you can also use sliced red onion. If you need an easy pickled onion recipe, try this one. Just swap thinly sliced red onion for the radishes.
You’re going to LOVE this vegan chicken shawarma recipe! It’s:
For a lighter meal, make a vegan chicken shawarma bowl with plenty of greens and vegetables. Don’t forget the vegan tzatziki!
When you try this vegan chicken shawarma recipe, be sure to tag me @carrotsandflowers + #carrotsandflowers on Instagram! I love to see your recreations. It brings the biggest smile to my face!
To save the recipe for later, pin the photo below! Don’t forget to rate the recipe in the comments so other readers know how delicious it is!
- 12 oz plant-based 'chicken'
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- Shawarma Spice Blend
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- ½ tsp harissa powder (or cayenne)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 4 flatbreads
- 1 cup hummus or vegan tzatziki
- large handful lettuce
- ½ cup sliced red onion or pickled onion
- Combine the spices in a medium tupperware container with a lid. Add the lemon juice and water then mix well. Cut the vegan chicken into 1" (2.5 cm) cubes. Add to the marinade, put the lid on the container, and shake well. Set aside for five minutes.
- Prep your toppings. Clean and cut the lettuce, slice the onions (or use pickled onions!). Warm the flatbreads. Preheat a pan over medium high heat.
- Add the oil to the pan. When it's nice and hot, add the chicken. Cook until browned on all sides, about 4-5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so.
- Build your wraps in a warm flatbread with a generous dollop of hummus or vegan tzatziki, a scoop of vegan chicken shawarma, and a handful of lettuce.