I’ve been a mom for exactly 42 days! In that time, I’ve washed, dried, folded, and put away at least 60 loads of laundry. I spend the majority of my waking hours with a newborn at my breast, sneaking away to get things done while she sleeps. While I’m hoping to master baby wearing at some point, that day has not yet arrived.
Luckily, these Vegan Cream Cheese Stuffed Cornbread Muffins are SO EASY to make! Requiring just one bowl and ten ingredients plus salt, these vegan cornbread muffins come together in a jiff and taste absolutely amaaaaaaazing.
I just love cornbread. I’m from the South. We take cornbread pretty seriously down there. It has to be moist. It has to be flavorful. It has to be perfect!
I’m STOKED to announce I have cracked the code to the perfect vegan cornbread! Since most cornbread loaves are often dry and crumbly, I opted to make vegan cornbread muffins instead.
They’re like little sweet and savory cupcakes with the frosting (yes, that’s cream cheese!) on the inside.
After baking these vegan cream cheese stuffed cornbread muffins, I have to ask… WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN STUFFING EVERYTHING WITH VEGAN CREAM CHEESE?
Guess what, friends? These beauts are so delicious, don’t even need to be served with vegan butter! They are:
Studded with real corn
Cream Cheese Stuffed
Perfect for a Holiday Spread!
I baked these vegan cornbread muffins as part of an epic Thanksgiving spread that I cannot wait to share with you! Stay tuned for a traditional vegan stuffing recipe (full of toasted pecans and other goodies!) and an insanely delicious and easy to make BBQ Glazed Lentil Loaf!
My Thanksgiving spread is a collaboration with my good friend Josie from Sugar & Satire. She’s a super talented vegan baker. I’ll be sharing her Chai Spiced Apple Pie recipe with you lovely people. The full spread with all the recipes you need for the Ultimate Vegan Thanksgiving will be published on Monday, November 6th. Mark your calendars, friends- this is not a drill! 🙂
To save my sanity as a new mom, expect to see more 1-Bowl recipes like these vegan cornbread muffins going forward! Less dishes, less mess, everybody wins!
To save this recipe for later, pin the photo below! If you try it, be a pal and rate it in the comments below! Don’t forget to snap a pic to Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers. We love seeing what you come up with!
- 1½ cups cornmeal
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 4 Tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup aquafaba
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 8 Tbsp vegan cream cheese
- Heat oven to 375. Grease and flour 8 holes in a large muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the aquafaba, maple syrup, melted vegan butter, and coconut yogurt.
- Add the salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Add the cornmeal and flour. Stir to combine, do not over mix.
- Stir in the frozen corn.
- Fill the 8 greased muffin pan holes ⅓ of the way up with batter. Add 1 Tbsp of vegan cream cheese to each muffin, then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake at 375F for 11-13 minutes until a toothpick comes clean. Be sure to insert the toothpick on the side of the muffin, not through the cream cheese which will come out wet.