Hi friends! Welcome to the most delicious summer treat of all time- Vegan Smurf Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Smurf Ice Cream was my absolute favorite as a child. Sometimes called Blue Moon ice cream, Smurf is a famously blue ice cream with a hint of blue raspberry and plenty of marshmallow.
I teamed up with my friends at Nature’s Charm to bring you this simple, easy recipe! I used their sweetened condensed coconut milk and coconut whipping cream with just a handful of other ingredients to make these amazing vegan smurf ice cream sandwiches. They taste like a cloud and a rainbow had a marshmallow baby!
You can find Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed milk and coconut whipping cream at most health food stores or Amazon. Orange blossom water is sold at most Indian grocers. It provides a dreamy flavor to the ice cream and makes for the absolute BEST chia pudding!
By pouring the mixture into a lined baking dish and using biscuit cutters, these vegan smurf ice cream sandwiches are made with no muss and no fuss! When I served them to some friends, they thought they were store bought because they looked so perfect!
Watch the how-to video here!
If you try this vegan smurf ice cream recipe, be sure to let me know how it goes in the comments! While you’re at it, tag a photo #carrotsandflowers on Instagram so I can admire your creation! It always makes my day.
- Vegan Smurf Ice Cream
- 1 can Nature's Charm coconut whipping cream (chilled)
- 1 can Nature's Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange blossom water
- 2 tsp blue spirulina
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- 16 vegan cookies
- ⅔ cup organic spinkles
- Add the cream, condensed milk, blueberries, cashews, lemon juice, orange blossom water, and spirulina to a high speed blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes. Line the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour the blue mixture into the baking dish. Stir in the marshmallows. Freeze for 6 hours.
- Let the smurf ice cream soften for 10 minutes out of the freezer. Use a thin knife along the edge of the ice cream, then carefully use a flexible spatula to transfer the entire frozen square onto wax paper. Cut eight circles from the ice cream using a biscuit cutter the same size as your cookies. Place the ice cream rounds onto cookies, then top with cookies to form the sandwich. Cover the sides of the cookies with sprinkles then place back in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up before serving. If serving from fully frozen, wait 5 minutes to soften before eating. Enjoy!
The marshmallows tend to float to the top. After freezing for 2 hours, stir the marshmallows into the ice cream if you want them to be more evenly dispersed.
Prep time does not include freeze time.