The idea for this Vegan Sweet Potato Egg Nog came to me like most of my recipe ideas do… just as I’m about to fall asleep. The ideas pop into my brain, ready to be jotted down before they’re forgotten forever.
This vegan sweet potato egg nog has all of the creamy, delicious flavor of the original plus it’s healthier. I’m of the opinion that sweet potatoes make everything taste better, I know I can’t be the only one!
I was never a huge fan of egg nog before becoming a vegan. The thought of drinking eggs in a beverage was never appealing to me, although the idea of putting booze in a milkshake certainly is!
This sweet potato egg nog tastes delicious both with the additional booze and without. I also love it as a smoothie bowl topped with oats, coconut yogurt, and cacao nibs!
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 dates
- ½ cup plant-based creamer
- 1½ cups plant-based milk
- healthy pinch cinnamon
- healthy pinch nutmeg
- small dash of salt
- 1 oz dark rum (optional)
- 1 oz cognac (optional)
- Boil water in a small sauce pan. Add the sweet potato and cook until fork tender, about 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, soften the dates in a small bowl of hot water.
- Drain the sweet potatoes. Add them to a blender with the softened dates and remaining ingredients. Blend until for 2-3 minutes until smooth then chill for 10-15 minutes in the freezer.
- Top with Whipped Coconut Cream and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg.
I hope you love this vegan sweet potato egg nog recipe! If you try it, please rate it in the comments so we know how yours turned out! If you’re feeling fancy, tag a photo #carrotsandflowers on Instagram so we can admire your healthy holiday treat. It is truly the BEST feeling ever to see your photos of our recipes. 🙂
To save this vegan sweet potato egg nog recipe for later, simply pin the photo below! Cheers friends, I hope you’re all having a very Merry December so far.
QUESTION OR COMMENT? LET'S TALK!