Mmm, what could be better than raw vegan cheesecake?
How about raw vegan chocolate covered cheesecake bites? No fork necessary + covered in chocolate, I think I’m in love.
These raw vegan chocolate covered cheesecake bites are layered with strawberry and matcha for gourmet flavors from the comfort of your own kitchen. They require just ten ingredients, one appliance, and about twenty active minutes to make.
I just love the flavor combination of chocolate, strawberry, and matcha green tea. (Also featured in my 3 Layer Vegan Chocolate Strawberry Matcha Cake!)
The ingredients compliment each other perfectly and they come out looking sooooo fancy! Shredded coconut flakes on top take these raw vegan chocolate covered cheesecake bites to the next level. And aren’t they just the cutest?
If you try these raw vegan chocolate covered cheesecake bites, be sure to rate them in the comments and let us know how yours turned out! While you’re at it, tag a photo #carrotsandflowers on Instagram so we can see for ourselves!
For more raw vegan deliciousness, check out our Walnut Mango Tacos with Chipotle Cream or our Raw Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake! To save this raw vegan chocolate covered cheesecake recipe for later, pin the photo below. Have a great day, beautiful people!
- Strawberry Layer
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup strawberries
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 3 Tbsp beetroot powder for color (optional)
- Matcha Layer
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 3 Tbsp matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp agave nectar
- ¼ tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp spirulina for color (optional)
- Chocolate Coating
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao powder (sifted if lumpy)
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup shredded coconut for topping
- Soak 2 cups of cashews for 3 hours or overnight then drain. I like to keep soaked cashews in my freezer for convenience. Soften 2 cups of dates in warm water for 15 minutes.
- For the strawberry layer, combine 1 cup of soaked cashews with 1 cup of softened dates and the remaining ingredients in a food processor bowl. Process for 3-4 minutes until smooth. Transfer the mixture to an 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth the top with a spatula then cover and place in the freezer to firm for 2 hours.
- For the matcha layer, combine 1 cup soaked cashews and 1 cup softened dates with the remaining ingredients in a food processor bowl. Process for 3-4 minutes until smooth. Spoon the matcha mixture on top of the strawberry layer and smooth it out with a spatula. Recover and freeze for 2-3 hours until very firm.
- Just before the pan comes out of the freezer, whisk together the melted coconut oil, agave nectar, and cacao powder until smooth. Remove the pan from the freezer and use a knife along the edges to remove layers. Cut into 12 even bars.
- Using a fork and a small spoon, carefully coat each bar in chocolate. Let the excess drip away before transferring to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining bars and sprinkle with shredded coconut to garnish. Place the pan in the freezer for another hour to firm before serving.
*Experiment with different flavors using other fruits and powders!