This blog is sponsored by Dole Packaged Foods.
Vegan Carrot Cupcakes, made with wholesome ingredients and naturally sweetened for an easy, healthy dessert recipe everyone will love!
Who’s ready for fall baking that won’t leave you feeling like total crap after eating one (ok, three) cupcakes? Let me introduce you to these amazing Vegan Carrot Cupcakes with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting!
If you’re anything like me, you know that vegan carrot cupcakes are seriously underrated! Maybe it’s because many people don’t put enough carrot in the mix, which leads to dry, bland vaguely spiced cupcakes that are a total bummer to eat.
Well friends, I have good news for you! These vegan carrot cupcakes will far exceed your expectations! They’re packed full of veggies AND fruit, making them healthy enough for breakfast and delicious enough to scarf down three cupcakes without batting an eye.
The secret ingredient in these secretly good-for-you vegan carrot cupcakes is crushed Dole crushed pineapple! The pineapple pulls double duty in these fluffy vegan carrot cupcakes, by acting as a natural sweetener and making them super moist and delicious.
I’m absolutely in love with these cupcakes. Seriously, vegan carrot cupcakes have always been my favorite but the addition of crushed pineapple and the pumpkin cream cheese frosting take these babies to the next level!
Plus, the frosting is made with pumpkins, cashews, and dates, all wholesome plant-based ingredients. My one-year old loves them and because they’re so healthy, I don’t mind letting her have dessert.
You’re going to love these vegan carrot cupcakes! They’re:
and Easy to make!
If you want to save this recipe, pin the photo below! If you try these vegan carrot cupcakes, be sure to rate them in the comments so I know how yours turned out! Don’t forget to post a photo to Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers! I love seeing your creations. 🙂
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup aquafaba
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup Dole crushed pineapple
- 1 cup chopped pecans, plus more for garnish
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
- 12 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1½ cups sticky Medjool dates
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Combine the oil, syrup, aquafaba, molasses, and vanilla in a smaller mixing bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the carrots, pineapple, and pecans. Use an ice cream scoop to portion the batter in a muffin tin lined with baking cups. Bake for 20-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes bake, add the cream cheese, pitted dates, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice to a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag and place in the freezer to chill.
- When the cupcakes are done, take them out of the oven. Wait 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack. Allow to cool before frosting. Place the rack in the fridge or freezer to speed the process.
- Pipe the frosting into a generous swirl on each cupcake. Top with crushed pecans.
Cover and store in the fridge for up to three days (although they won't last that long!)