I am so excited to share this High-Protein Caramelized Banana Oatmeal recipe with you! It’s the first recipe in a series of high-performance meals I created in partnership with Switch4Good, one of my favorite organizations that’s dedicated to raising awareness of plant-based nutrition!
This Caramelized Banana Oatmeal has over 25 grams of protein! Not bad for an easy breakfast, eh? It’s also soooo delicious. Gooey caramelized banana, cinnamon oats, with nut butter, and tasty crunchy things? Yes please!
When you try the recipe, don’t forget to post a photo on Instagram tagging @carrotsandflowers and @switch4good! We want to hear how amazing you feel after eating the meals!
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp coconut sugar, divided
- 2 slightly underripe bananas
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Bring the soy milk to a light boil. Add the oats, cinnamon, 2 tbsp coconut sugar, and salt. Reduce heat to a strong simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, until thickened to your desired consistency. Remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds.
- While the oatmeal cooks, slice the banana in half lengthwise (or dice them if you prefer bite sized pieces.) Put a pan over medium heat. Melt the coconut oil. Add the bananas. Cook for about 2 minutes, sprinkle the coconut sugar on top, then flip the bananas over and cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes, until golden brown and slightly caramelized.
- Divide the cooked oatmeal between serving bowls. Top each bowl with nut butter, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, and caramelized bananas. Serve right away.
QUESTION OR COMMENT? LET'S TALK!