Vegan Tofu Tacos are my favorite thing ever, and I’m hardly alone. There is even a day of the week dedicated to tacos! Living in LA, there are a lot of options when it comes to celebrating #TacoTuesday. Unfortunately, most of them are not even close to being vegan. So why not make your own? With simple ingredients you can purchase at Trader Joe’s for under $12, you can make deliciously simple vegan tacos for 4! Now that is a reason to celebrate!
- 2 packages extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- coconut oil spray
- cherry tomatoes
- salsa for topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice pressed tofu into triangles, coat each side lightly with taco seasoning.
- Coat a baking sheet with oil, place the triangles on the sheet, then spray coconut oil on each triangle.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees. Flip each triangle halfway through.
- While the tofu is in the oven, heat the tortillas in an oiled skillet, about 30-60 seconds on each side.
- Assemble your tacos! Place the tofu on the tortilla, then top with avocado, tomato, and salsa. Enjoy!
*Trader Joe’s is not sponsoring this post. It’s just an easy place to pick up the ingredients for cheap. I really love their Organic Sprouted Grain Extra Firm Tofu. You should always buy organic tofu, because most non-organic soybeans are GMOs. Also, sprouting makes the soybeans more easily digestible. 🙂
tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos tofu tacos