The days are getting shorter which means we need dinner on the table faster! Enter these amazingly delicious and simple Black Bean & Lentil Nachos.
I whipped these Black Bean & Lentil Nachos up for my family last week and they were a hit! They’re easy to make and husband and toddler approved! This simple meal will definitely be part of our monthly rotation.
The black beans and lentils are hearty, smoky, and so flavorful! Paired with crunchy chips, fresh pico de gallo, and a generous sprinkle of vegan cheddar shreds, it’s a match made in nacho heaven (aka my oven!)
For a healthier option, try using baked tortilla chips or throwing the toppings over a bowl of brown rice.
If you want to save these Black Bean & Lentil Nachos for later, Pin the photo below!
- 1-2 tsp olive or grapeseed oil
- ½ white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ small can green chiles
- 1 14 oz can black beans
- 1 14 oz can lentils
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp water
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 16oz bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups vegan cheddar shreds
- 1 cup vegan sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ bunch cilantro
- Preheat and lightly oil a large pan over medium high heat. Finely dice ½ white onion. Add it to the pan. Mince the garlic then stir it into the onion, along with ½ can of green chilies.
- Drain and rinse the beans and lentils then add them to the pan. Stir in the bell pepper, taco seasoning. tomato paste, water, lime juice, and smoked paprika. Reduce heat to medium and let cook for 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Add smoked paprika for smokiness, salt to increase flavor, or lime juice for more tang.
- Divide the tortilla chips across two baking sheets. Add dollops of the bean and lentil mixture evenly over the chips. Sprinkle 1 cup of vegan cheddar across each pan and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the nachos bake, mince the cilantro and slice the avocado. Garnish the nachos with sour cream, cilantro, and avocado then dig in!