Vegan Pesto Stuffed Shells with Creamy Tofu Ricotta! Easy plant-based pasta recipe that’s perfect for a quick dinner, holiday main dish or vegan side dish.
Here, I’ve combined my love of pesto with that of pasta and easy meals to bring you these amazing vegan pesto stuffed shells! Made with just 10 ingredients.
When I found these beautiful shells at Whole Foods a few months back, I knew I had to grab them for something special. Like this home baked pasta dish with simple, robust ingredients.
The shells taste best when boiled about a minute under al dente. They’ll finish baking in the oven. While the shells cook, make pesto tofu ricotta by combining vegan pesto with crumbled tofu. Bam! So easy!
Next you’ll blend some quick cashew cream! The vegan pesto stuffed shells will be nestled in a delicious bed of the cashew cream, which bakes up so nicely. You’re going to love this meal!
This easy vegan dinner is bound to become a family favorite! It’s:
Bursting with flavor
and SO delicious!
These vegan pesto stuffed shells are perfect for a simple, but flavorful meal! Hearty enough to be a main course but also great as a holiday side dish. No matter the circumstance, this dish deserves a spot at your table!
The recipe calls for store bought pesto but if you have five extra minutes, this is the BEST vegan pesto recipe EVER– according to vegans and non-vegans alike!
However you decide to make these amazing vegan pesto stuffed shells, you’re going to be in plant-based pasta heaven in no time! Enlist a friend to help with stuffing the shells, or turn on some music and bliss out.
Be sure to pin the photo below if you want to save this vegan pesto stuffed shells recipe! When you try it, we’d love for you to rate it in the comments and tag a photo #carrotsandflowers on Instagram so we can admire your creations!!
We hope you’re having a lovely holiday season so far. Sending lots of love from LA!
- 10 oz large pasta shells
- 2 cups marinara
- ½ cup vegan mozzarella
- Cheezy Cashew Sauce
- 2 cups soaked cashews
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- Pesto Ricotta
- 16 oz firm tofu
- 2 cups vegan pesto
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Boil the shells according to package instructions then drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, make the cheezy cashew sauce. blend the cashews, garlic, lemon juice, salt and water until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the tofu and crumble it into a bowl. Add 1¾ cups pesto, reserving the rest to top the dish.
- Lightly oil a 9x13 baking pan or use 2 8x8 baking pans. Spread the cashew sauce over the bottom of the pan.
- Use a small spoon to stuff the shells. Be sure to fill them completely so there’s no air left inside, or the top of the shells will become crunchy in the oven.
- Line the shells in the baking pan. Pour the marinara over the shells, spreading the sauce to fully cover them, then top with cheese if using. Bake for 40 minutes until the sauce is bubbly.
- Drizzle the finished dish with pesto, then dig in and enjoy!
Our debut cookbook, 30 Minute Vegan Dinners is almost here! It features 75 NEW plant-based meals that can all be made in thirty minutes- including prep!
Pre-order your copy to get a BONUS ebook of 20 Minute Vegan Lunches by emailing a screenshot of order confirmation to email@example.com