Let’s be honest. There are few things in life that are more delicious than a vegan mushroom + garlic white pizza.
Wild mushrooms seared with garlic, fresh thyme, and a creamy garlic base? Count me IN.
Oh, and did I mention the dough is homemade as well? Cause it is and it’s goooooood.
For this vegan mushroom + garlic white pizza, I used three types of mushrooms- oyster, white, and baby portobellos.
I love mushrooms on just about everything, but especially on a vegan white pizza.
The base of this pizza is thick, creamy, and garlicky. If you double the sauce, it is delicious on pasta or in a wrap too!
The homemade crust in this vegan mushroom + garlic white pizza really takes the flavor to the next level. This pizza is:
Full of flavor
Packed with mushrooms
High in protein
If you try this vegan mushroom + garlic white pizza, be sure to rate it in the comments and tag a photo with #carrotsandflowers on Instagram! We love to see how your versions turn out!
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (I used 3 baby portobellos, 3 oyster, and 3 white)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- ⅔ cup vegan cheese (mozzarella or parmesan style)
- Dough (makes 2 pizzas)
- 3½ - 4 cups white whole wheat flour + more for rolling
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1½ cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- Garlic Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2½ tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Dough- Combine the flour, salt, yeast, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Set the speed to medium. While the mixer is running, stream in the warm water and 2 Tbsp olive oil. Beat until the dough forms into a sticky ball. If it's too sticky, add flour 1 Tbsp at a time. If it's too dry, add more warm water 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Transfer the dough to a floured cutting board and knead until it's a solid, smooth ball. Grease a medium bowl with 2 tsp olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl and cover. Let the dough rise for an hour in a warm place until it doubles in size.
- Transfer the dough back to the cutting board and cut it into two pieces. Cover both pieces with plastic wrap or a clean towel. Let sit for 10 more minutes. Use one piece per pizza. Dough may be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, sealed very tightly.
- Garlic Cream Sauce- Boil the cashews for 10 minutes to soften or soak them in water for 2-3 hours, then drain. Place the softened cashews in a blender with the garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Mushrooms- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet on medium high. Sear the mushrooms and garlic for 3-4 minutes until they begin to darken.
- Pizza- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or pizza stone with a small amount of olive oil and flour. Roll out the dough into a large circle then carefully transfer it to the stone. Spread the garlic cream sauce on the dough as the base. Layer the seared mushrooms on top, followed by ⅔ cup vegan parmesan and ½ tsp fresh thyme. Brush a bit of olive oil on the crust before baking, if desired.
- Bake the pizza at 425 for 20-25 minutes, until the crust turns golden brown. Check the pizza at 20 minutes to determine additional cook time. Let sit for 2-3 minutes before cutting and serving.
*Sauce can be prepared up to 3 days ahead. (Store in sealed container in the fridge)
*Double the sauce recipe to use in pastas and wraps.
*Dough recipe adapted from Bobby Flay'srecipe.
To save this vegan mushroom + garlic white pizza for later, pin the photo below! Have a happy week friends, stay tuned for more recipes this week and don’t forget to check out our videos on Facebook!