Warning: This No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is addictive! I polished off nearly an entire pie while testing this recipe. Considered yourself warned. 🙂
This No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is rich, creamy, and made from 100% whole food, plant based ingredients. It only takes about thirty minutes to prepare, then pop this baby in the freezer and sit tight. I think it’s best to freeze it overnight, but only so you don’t have to wait four hours to eat it! Just make it before you go to sleep and have pie for breakfast. It’s a win win.
Making the swirls on this No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is really simple and loads of fun. First, I poured the peanut butter mixture into the pan, then I added a 1/2 can of coconut cream (at room temperature) to the top. I folded and mixed the cream into the peanut butter using a spatula and slow, even strokes.
To make the chocolate swirls, I spooned small amounts of melted chocolate on the top then used a chopstick to feather it out into a swirly design. This was my first time attempting swirls with this No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and I think it turned out quite nicely! I’m looking forward to trying it again, once I bounce back from my peanut butter overdose. 😉
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cocoa or raw cacao
- 3/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cans coconut cream
- Combine the oats, hemp seeds, cocoa, and coconut oil in a large food processor bowl with 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt. Mix until a dough forms, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Press the crust into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Rinse the food processor, then fill it with the soaked cashews, peanut butter, 1/2 cup maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, and 1 can of coconut cream. Process until smooth. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the springform pan and smooth it out until it’s even.
- Over low heat, melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips. In the meantime, spread 1/2 can of coconut cream over the peanut butter mixture. Swirl the coconut cream into the top layer of the peanut butter with a small spatula. Spoon small dollops of melted chocolate onto the swirled peanut butter and coconut cream and feather the chocolate out using a chopstick or similar tool to make a swirl design.
- Cover the No Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and freeze it overnight or for 4 hours. Let the pie sit out for 20 minutes before serving and use a warm knife to cut the pie into slices.
In other exciting news, we did our first vegan cooking demo on Facebook Live the other day. It was a quick, easy recipe for a Golden Milk Tumeric Smoothie (recipe coming soon!) that’s incredibly nutritious and really tasty to boot. We had an overwhelmingly positive response, but there was one comment from a person who felt I shouldn’t be promoting healthy eating with dyed hair.
For the record, this hair color makes me positively gleeful! Secondly, with so many chemicals and toxins in the world, it’s important to counter balance that with a whole foods, plant based diet and lifestyle. So me and my purple hair will continue to make delicious ass vegan food and share the recipes you beautiful people! Now back to this No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie… doesn’t it look scrumptious?
Did you try this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie? We would love to hear about it! Leave us a comment and post a photo of your pie on Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers 🙂
For more delicious vegan dessert recipes, check out our Raw Chocolate Superfood Parfaits or our Vegan Red Velvet Cake! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook to watch our live cooking demos and vegan cooking videos!