The best ever Vegan Tres Leches Cake with Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk!
Friends, you are in for a treat! I must say- this vegan tres leches cake is one of the most delectable recipes I have ever created.
It is alarmingly delicious, i.e. this cake should come with a warning label that you might stand over the sink shoveling spoonfuls into your mouth!
I teamed up with my dear friends at Nature’s Charm to bring this incredible vegan tres leches cake to you! The star ingredient is Nature’s Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk. It is SO good. Thick, sweet, creamy, and absolutely addictive!
Nature’s Charm is the very first company to ever make sweetened condensed coconut milk and I am so grateful that they did! Sweetened condensed milk is a crucial ingredient in so many desserts, like this vegan tres leches cake, 7-layer bars, and many vegan ice creams. I am thankful to have a plant-based version of this magical product!
I tested this vegan tres leches cake recipe four times to make sure it’s just right! The secret to getting it super fluffy is to whip the aquafaba really well and gently fold it into the cake batter just before baking. I also suggest not greasing the sides of the pan, so the cake can climb up the sides of the pan easily.
You’re going to love this vegan tres leches cake! It’s:
Moist but not soggy
Light in flavor and texture
Perfectly sweet with a hint of cinnamon
Easy to make
Perfect for crowds!
When you try this epic vegan tres leches cake, be sure to tag me @carrotsandflowers and @naturescharm so we can admire your creations! Don’t forget to comment how your cake turned out. I’d love to hear about it!
To save this recipe for later, Pin the photo below!
- 1¾ cups non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup aquafaba (from 1-2 cans chickpeas)
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp melted vegan butter
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1½ cups cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Milk Soak
- 1 can Nature's Charm sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 can Nature's Charm evaporated coconut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- 4 cups Nature's Charm coconut whipping cream (prepared)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, halved and stems removed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly grease the bottom of a 9" by 13" baking dish. Combine the milk, vinegar, and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- With a hand or stand mixer and balloon attachment, beat the aquafaba until you achieve stiff peaks, about 6-7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Whisk thoroughly until evenly mixed and all lumps are gone. Add the melted coconut oil and vegan butter to the dry ingredients. Change the mixer attachment from the balloon to the regular mixer. On high speed, mix the melted fats with the flour mixture until you have an evenly grainy texture. Slowly add the milk and mix until combined.
- You will have a very thin and pourable cake batter. From there, GENTLY fold in the whipped aquafaba into the batter. Mix gently until evenly combined but do not over mix or the cake won't rise properly.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake lightly springs back in the center when touched.
- Meanwhile, combine the condensed coconut milk, evaporated coconut milk, cinnamon, and vanilla in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Stir and bring to a light boil, then remove from heat.
- When the cake is done cooking, place it on a wire rack to cool for ten minutes. Using a thin chopstick or 2-3 toothpicks, poke holes over the cake, at least every inch or so.
- Pour the warm condensed milk mixture over the cake. Cover and place in the fridge for 4 hours but ideally overnight to let the cake soak up the milks.
- When the milk has mostly soaked into the cake, cover the cake with a thin layer of coconut whipped cream. If the cake still has a layer of liquid on top, the easiest way to place the whipped cream is to cover the edges first, then add dollops of cream all over the cake, and gently spread it out to cover. Place the halved strawberries over the cake. Chill for another 10-15 minutes to set the whipped cream then slice and serve!
If you enjoyed this vegan tres leches cake recipe, you’re going to love my vegan chocolate lava cake and my raw vegan strawberry cheesecake!
For more easy, delicious recipes like this one, be sure to check out my cookbook- 30 Minute Vegan Dinners: 75 Fast Plant-Based Meals You’re Going To Crave!