Attention chocoholics and salted caramel fans! This “Better Than Sex” vegan chocolate cake is simply to-die-for!
It’s rich melt-in-your-mouth vegan chocolate cake soaked in salted caramel, then topped with luscious coconut whipped cream and vegan candy pieces. This “Better Than Sex” cake works well with vegan peanut butter cups or toffee pieces. Use whichever is more convenient.
I love making this “Better Than Sex” vegan chocolate cake! It’s:
Super easy- bakes into one pan
Feeds a crowd
Tastes incredible! Hence the name 😉
Rich and gooey
So what makes this cake “better than sex?” Easy!
Nature’s Charm Salted Caramel Sauce and Coconut Whipped Cream take this dessert from fantastic to simply spectacular. It’s not to be missed! If you have an event where you want to impress non-vegans, this cake is a must-bake. Look for Nature’s Charam products in the baking aisle at your local Whole Foods or other health food store. (Also available online)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1¾ cups cane or coconut sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plant milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tbsp aquafaba
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot coffee
- 1 jar Nature’s Charm salted caramel sauce
- 1 can Nature’s Charm coconut whipped cream, chilled overnight
- 1 cup (or more!) vegan peanut butter cups or toffee bars, chopped
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk through to combine or, using your paddle attachment, stir through flour mixture until combined well.
- Add the milk, coconut oil oil, aquafaba and vanilla to the flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add to the cake batter until well combined.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into an oiled cake pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
- Poke several holes in the cake. Pour ¾ of the caramel sauce over the cake. Cover and chill for 2-3 hours. Whip the coconut cream until fluffy. Spread the coconut cream over the cake in a thick, even layer. Top with chopped candy pieces. Slice and serve.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram @carrotsandflowers when you try this! I’d love to hear how it turns out.