Mmmmm, quinoa tabouli. This is probably my favorite salad ever. It’s easy to make, super nutritious, and SO TASTY. I love substituting quinoa for starchier foods like cous cous or rice. It’s high in fiber and protein, and I just can’t get enough of the nutty, crunchy flavor!
I like to use ripe little cherry tomatoes in my quinoa tabouli. I think they are more flavorful, but larger tomatoes work just fine. If you don’t have red onion, green onions can be a good substitute as well.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, chilled or at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped (about 1/2 bunch)
- juice of 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa with the tomatoes, parsley, onion, and cucumber.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
So there you have it, quinoa tabouli. Try it on top of a mixed green salad with a bit of balsamic drizzle. It also pairs well with our Superfood Parsley Hummus in an easy, delicious wrap. I like to make a big batch at the beginning of the week for healthy, no-fess lunches all week long. It’s sooooo good!
Did you make this quinoa tabouli We want to see! Post a photo of your salad on Instagram with the tag #carrotsandflowers 🙂